When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many patients wonder, is it worth it? What results will I see? What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment? These are all perfectly normal questions.
Braces can straighten teeth, close gaps, and correct spacing, all resulting in a more comfortable, functional, confident smile. The assumption is that braces are primarily about improving appearance, but that's only one of the many benefits of straight teeth. A correctly aligned bite and properly spaced teeth can...
- Alleviate unnecessary wear and grinding that can lead to TMJ and even neck pain or headaches
- Prevent ineffective chewing and digestion problems
- Form a dental profile that is less prone to tooth injury
- Improve oral health; evenly spaced teeth are easier to brush and floss
- Lead to healthier gums, better prevention of cavities, and prevention against periodontal disease
- Contribute to a positive self-image, which in turn, encourages effective dental hygienic habits that preserve your beautiful smile
When you come to Smiles in Joplin for a consultation about braces, your dentist will conduct a comprehensive exam and discuss whether or not braces are right for you, and if so, which kind can best serve your dental needs. Call us at 417-782-2021 to schedule an appointment.
Lingual braces are placed behind the teeth (by the tongue and palate), rather than in front, and therefore offer a great cosmetic alternative for those who want their teeth straightened without the braces showing. This partly explains why they are more common among adults than children. One other advantage is that if you play a wind instrument or a sport, lingual braces are easier to adapt to than traditional braces.
Not everyone can wear lingual braces. The teeth must be long enough to provide sufficient room to glue the braces on the inside of the teeth; therefore, lingual braces may not work for children or someone with especially small teeth. You also cannot wear lingual braces if you have excessive bite problems.Read more about Lingual Braces